Saturday, November 10, 2007

auto mechanics 101

Who knew that by moving to Tanzania I would become more familiar with what's under the hood of a car. The car that I share with my friend Meagan had some major engine work done this past week. Our mechanic, who also maintains all the vehicles owned by Imara, loves to explain everything he is doing, and wants to show us the different parts and tell us exactly why they need to be replaced. I've had several "lessons" each day this week. While I really appreciate his enthusiasm and honesty in all of this, a lot of the information unfortunately goes right over my head. However, I can now say that I know what the inside of the driveshaft looks like (as well as a plethora of other parts I didn't even know I needed).

So can you tell me what's wrong with this picture?
for more, click on my photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jules,

I am so thankful that your transition seems to be going so smoothly. I know next week will be a difficult one since you will be away from family for Thanksgiving, but I know God has provided you with an amazing family in Africa. We love you and think of you and pray for you often. Kathryn is 8 months old today and MK finds out what she is having in 2 weeks (girl, girl, girl!)
Karen