Thursday, January 15, 2009

there's no place like home

I've been home for just over a month now, and what a full time it has been!  I have been so blessed to get to see many of you.  In addition to celebrating Christmas with family in Tennessee, North Carolina and Georgia (yes, we have a large extended family), I spent New Year's Eve with some very dear friends in South Carolina, and then my birthday with my family back in NC.  In the meantime I've made a few trips to Atlanta to catch up with friends and supporters, go to the dentist, and see a good friend get married.  Besides all the merriment I have loved being able to just enjoy the comforts of home - hot water from the tap, home cooked meals, trips to Target . . .the list could go on and on.
About a week and a half ago I was at Perimeter Church for a time of sharing what I have been doing in Tanzania.  I was so encouraged by how many of you came to show your support.  Thank you!  

me, my brother and sister at Christmas

playing with Kerith 

6 comments:

Glenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenda said...

It's wonderful to see your post. I've been checking off and on since your last post. I really enjoyed seeing the photo of you with Ben and Jessica! Sounds like this time at home has been wonderful. I pray the Lord will continue to bless you in all you do. Hugs,Glenda

Janna said...

So glad you've gotten some rest and gotten to catch up with so many people. Loved getting your letter in the mail this week! :) We are so thankful to be standing with you in your ministry in Arusha. Love ya!

Cheryl Nichols said...

Praying for you as you return! So sorry we didn't get to hook up while you were home. Take care and God bless. Love ya, Mrs. Nichols

Wilson Brissett said...

Oh so fun!!! I am so glad you had such a good visit! I love you and think of you often. Love and kisses! Mary

Glenda said...

I hope all is going well for you since you returned to Tanzania. God bless you Julia! Hugs,Glenda